Sunday, July 24, 2011

i was on a break...

okay. pretty pathetic that i took such a long break after just having started my blog. i wasn't able to blog while my sister was in town...either too busy, too tired or the fear of interruption by house guests looming over me cramped my blogging motivation. hope this break is not a sign of things to come, lol.

i am not sure why this didn't compute until today, but i just realized that school starts 8/22. i feel almost panicky...i have so much i still want to do with my kiddos before school starts. this year they will both be in school all day...and that alone brings a sense of panic. joey will proudly be in first grade and natalie starts kindergarten.  i am NOT ready for this!! i know some parents can't wait for school to start and can't wait to have the house to themselves again...but i will miss them. it will be strange having no one with me until 2:30. trust me that i will have plenty to do and occupy my time, but it will be sad for me (at least in the beginning).

i plan on crossing some fun kid "summer to-do's" off my list this week...with some extra anxiety now that i realize i have less time then i had realized. we won two movie tickets so i plan on taking the kids for their first experience watching a movie in a theatre. not too many are appropriate for their age...winnie the pooh or cars 2...they picked winnie the pooh.  i thought is was kinda sweet that they would still pick that one.

what are some things on your list of things to do with your kids before summer ends?

No comments:

Post a Comment